Sunday, October 3, 2010

My First Day at Wo--Oh, Look! A Squirrel!

The holidays have come and gone and Sunday was here. *gulp* Today was my first day on the job. Part of me was eager to get started, and the other part was just a wee bit nervous. I bit the bullet and sent an email off to my boss Larry, asking him what I could do today.

Larry is still working out the best way to send me massive quantities of material to my home office and as we discussed at my interview, I really do need to come into the office again, to get the full presentation on the system from the research guy, Yossi (we set up a meeting for tomorrow). My job will be to generate content about this innovative system which is said to be life-changing for people with learning disabilities like ADD and dyslexia.

In the meantime, Larry asked me to surf the 'net and find the creme de la creme of blogs and websites on the subject of learning disabilities. I also got a real live business address. WooHOO! I am a grownup.

So, I spent a very pleasurable several hours today surfing the net. I thought I'd share some of the funniest blogs and the more interesting websites with my vast *Nyuk* audience, here on Judeanrose.

Let's start with cool science for laymen with pretensions to geekiness. That would be: http://eideneurolearningblog.blogspot.com/ where you find neat things like this clip on the evolution of the cube:
There are some nice articles here relating to what some people term "the gift of dyslexia" for instance this piece about a Nobel Prize Winner who said, "My parents were scientists. But I wasn’t the sort of child who did science fairs. One of the things I was thinking about today is that as a kid I had dyslexia. I had a lot of trouble in school and was put into remedial classes. I thought that I was stupid." - Dr. Carol Greider


Then there's Ryan, whose blog personifies ADD: Ryan's ADD. I love this guy. LOL. I love the Jurassic Park photo entitled Fractal Geometry at its Best. I mean geometry, Hell. That's my worst nightmare. I failed geometry three times. Did you guess? I have discalculia. ARGH. I relate, Ryan. I relate.

Last but not least, for comic relief, hie yourself over to: So I married an ADDer My favorite entry was this one: For Partners of People with AD/HD: WTF Are You Talking About?

No comments:

Post a Comment